Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blogging is an adventure


I’d like to think that this blog will be a great adventure for those who read it. I know it is certainly for me to write about France. I am sure there are other blogs that have been around, and while I have no intention of claiming superior knowledge about French culture, and its impact on the rest of the world in general and on us here in America in particular, I simply want to share experiences, souvenirs, thoughts, impressions, ideas, musings, about the French in general.

Having lived in France for many years and become fluent in the language, my attachment to France is multifaceted in terms of both personal and philosophical attachments. Many people have conflicting attitudes and sentiments about the French. It is true that they are quite contentious, very opinionated and extremely individualistic. They are difficult to deal with, but of all of the Europeans they are by far the most interesting. I would also like to encourage those readers of this blog to submit their own memories, photos, videos, and experiences, in whatever category—see above--such things you want to list them and share them with us in http://www.franceconfidential.blogspot.com And most certainly if they have been fortunate enough to have visited France or have lived in France and to have also lived or visited one of the loveliest cities in the world: Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment